Stunning silk flowers for Valentine’s Day
Whether you want to decorate your table for Valentine’s Day or you want to surprise somebody special with a romantic flower arrangement that will last, this silk flower display is so cheap and easy to make! You need a few basic items and just a few minutes to complete a professional-looking design!
You will need:
- Selection of silk roses ( red, pink, and white)
- Polystyrene ball (larger ball for larger arrangements)
- Glass candle stick
- Glue and glue gun
- Wire cutters
- Trim the flower stems to about 1 and a half inches.
- Cut four pieces of ribbon to about 9 inches in length.
- Take all four pieces of ribbon and find the mid point.
- Flip the ribbons over so that they are pointing upwards and place them on the polystyrene ball. Place a pin in the mid point and make sure that all the ribbons are on top of one another so the pin secures all four of them.
- Now separate the ribbons and spread them out evenly.
- Secure the ball to the candle stick using your glue gun and let it set. Make sure that you place the ball down on the candle stick so that the pinned ribbons drape down along the candle stick and towards the table. So the pin will be hidden in the candle stick.
- You can add extra glue to the exterior if need be. Allow to dry before you continue.
- Start at the base of the arrangement and add your flowers one by one. Altenate between the different colours as you go.
- Now add another layer above the initial layer. Try not to allow clusters of flowers.
- Add the final few flowers to the top of the ball to complete the silk flower arrangement.
- Fluff the flowers so that the ball is not visible. Add accessories if you like.
If you like, you could create three of these arrangements and use different size balls and candle sticks with various heights. Cluster the three together and you have a wonderful centrepiece!