Paper flowers that smell like the real deal
Fresh flowers are loved for their beauty and their sweet smell. Artificial flowers and floral crafts can also offer that appealing splash of colour and your favourite floral aromas. Here’s how you can make your own scented paper flowers.
You will need:
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Crepe paper in colours of your choice
- Cotton balls
- Essential oils of your choice
- Using your pliers, cut the floral wire to the appropriate length for your stems.
- Cut a square of crepe paper from one of the colours you have chosen. When placing the cotton ball in the centre of the square, there should be an inch of paper in each of the four sides.
- Dab the cotton ball in the essential oil. Depending on the potency of the oil, you will only need about a drop or two.
- Place the ball on the floral wire and then put the square piece of paper on top. Fold the edges of the paper down around the cotton ball and use floral tape to secure the ends of the paper to the wire.
- Cut a larger, 9 inch piece of crepe paper and use the scissors to create a fringe edge.
- Place the fringed piece of paper on the floral wire and scrunch it while you wrap it around the wire. Secure in place with floral tape and repeat with a second piece of paper in a different colour.
- Finish by wrapping floral tape all the way down the stem and continue to create your next flower.
- Display in a vase or attach to various parts of your home like curtain rods for extra colour and a wonderful smell throughout your home. You can even use a different scent in each room.