How to make flower décor for windows
If you want to decorate your windows this season but you’re not sure how, this fun craft is just what you need! In just a few simple steps, you can make your own flower décor to brighten up any room without taking up space.
You will need:
- Flower templates
- Wax paper
- Puff paint in various colours
- Binder clips
- Before you begin making your flower décor, you might be wondering what puff paint is. This paint is unlike any other because, as the name suggests, it creates a textured and puffed up design. If you cannot find any at your local crafts shop, you can make your own. Most recipes require shaving foam, flour and glue as well as food colouring or paint. Take a look around for recipes online and give them a try to find out which one you like the most.
- Trace the templates onto some cardboard and cut out the middle area.
- Cut a piece of wax paper and secure it to the cardboard template with binder clips or something similar.
- Now trace the template design with your puff paint and use various colours too.
- Allow to stand and dry overnight.
- The next morning, you can remove the template and, when ready, remove the wax paper too.
- Your pretty flower décor can now be stuck directly to your windows!
Remember, you don’t have to limit yourself to flower décor with this craft. You can create ladybugs, butterflies, the sun, clouds and anything you like really. You can even adapt this craft for special occasions like Halloween or the festive season and decorate your home accordingly.