Autumn wreath design step by step
The seasons are changing and autumn is in the air. Now is the time to embrace the season and decorate your home accordingly. There is nothing more appropriate than hanging a gorgeous autumn wreath from your entry door or even in your entrance hall. Not sure how to get started on this flower craft? Here’s an easy guide to follow.
You will need:
- Selection of silk flowers in autumn colours
- Ring of floral foam or Styrofoam
- Glue gun and hot glue
- Rust-coloured ribbon for wrapping the foam
- Wire and ribbon for hanging the wreath
- Start by prepping your foam base. Glue the one end of the ribbon to your foam base.
- Wrap the ribbon around the foam and allow each wrap around to overlap the previous one.
- When you reach the end, secure the other end using some more hot glue.
- Add wire or ribbon to the top of the wreath in order to hang the design once it is done.
- Trim the stems of your silk flowers as short as possible without allowing them to fall apart.
- Choose a selection of pumpkin orange, mustard yellow and rusty-coloured blooms. You will need flowers in different sizes too.
- Start by gluing the largest blooms on the wreath base. Space them evenly apart. Now add smaller flowers on either side followed by some smaller blooms.
- You should place the flowers in such a way that they face different directions so that they create a unique and less uniformed look.
- Allow the glue to set completely before you hang your autumn wreath.
Once your design is ready, you can hang it wherever you like. Since this autumn wreath consists of artificial flowers, you don’t have to worry about them wilting. All you need to do is make sure that you dust and store the wreath in a dry and dark spot until next autumn. In other words, you can enjoy this wreath for the duration of the autumn season before it will need to be dusted and packed away for safe keeping.