Autumn tablescape idea
Decorting your dinner table during autumn might seem tricky but this is one of the most abundant seasons of the year. There are so many lovely colours, textures, and gorgeous items that you can use to brighten up your home. Here’s an easy design that you can make yourself with just a few basic supplies.
Things you need:
- Autumn flowers
- Red, orange, and yellow accessories
- Floral foam
- Dark green foliage
- Dried branches and sticks
- Nuts, acorns and similar seasonal items found in nature
- Wreaths or wicker baskets
- Shrubs or moss (both if you like)
- Stone, gold, or brass coloured pedestals or urns
- Begin by choosing between fresh, artificial, or dried flowers. Each of these options has its own unique benefits but they all look beautiful and your personal preferences will determine which is best for you.
- Create the base for your display by placing floral foam on a pedestal. The pedestal should have a natural appearance (like that of wood or brown ceramic).If need be, use a plastic tray to protect the pedestal from water damage.
- Choose any seasonal flowers but make sure that you choose autumn colours like rusty orange, dark red, mustard yellow, and dark green.
- Place your focal flowers in the middle of the foam. Trim the stems as you go so that they are trimmed to length.
- Now use some long stemmed flowers and/or foliage to drape down the two sides of the arrangement and give it a horizontal style.
- Add other mass flowers, filler flowers, and additional foliage from the top to the bottom and make sure that you rotate your bouquet as you work for an even appearance.
- As you approach the two draping ends, allow your flowers to flow in that direction so that it creates a smooth flow from the top to the lower tips.
- Once your arrangement is complete, you should not see any floral foam.
- Add a few dried leaves, nuts, acorns and other dried items around the base of the pedestal.
- You can also add a wreath or basket next to the arrangement and fill it with dried fruit of pumpkins.
- If you would like, you can make several smaller arrangements on pedestals (different sizes and heights) and line them along the middle of your table.