When you take a look around at all the different vases out there, you will be surprised to see just how many different designs you can create. The shape and the size of the vase will determine the look that you will create as well as the types of fresh flowers you should use. If you have a cube vase sitting around, don’t let it go to waste. Create a floral fantasy in just a few easy steps.
- Orange roses
- Light yellow daisies
- Green pompom blooms
- Clear florist tape
- Set your fresh flowers in some water while you prepare the vase.
- Clean your cube vase thoroughly and inspect it for any damage.
- Apply clear florist tape on the top of the vase to create a grid shape. This will provide your blooms with the support they need to stay in position.
- Once your vase is ready, add water and flower preserve.
- You will need to trim each stem as you go. Each stem will need to be cut according to the height of your vase.
- Start by placing a few bright sunflowers in the centre.
- Next, add roses around the sides of your vase.
- Finally, finish off by adding your daisies and pompoms to fill up any gaps.
- Take care not to force too many stems into the vase or it will look overcrowded and untidy.
Just like any other bouquet, it’s important to take care of these fresh flowers each day in order to help them last longer. Start with blooms that are in partial bud form to ensure that you get the most out of them. Change the water every couple of days and check the stems for any signs of bacteria growing on the stems and trim them if the feel slimy. Display your blooms in a safe spot and they will look amazing for at least a week or two.