Celebrating Valentine’s Day is not simply about spoiling the one you love and showering them with all sorts of romantic gifts. It’s also about spending quality time together. When planning your romantic date, there are a number of aspects that will need to be addressed. This includes the food, beverages, music, and the décor of course. Fresh flowers are a popular choice for this occasion but there are many other ways of decorating your table too. Here’s how to make your very own Valentine’s Day ice bucket.
You will need:
- Plastic container large enough to hold a bottle of wine
- Smaller plastic container large enough for a bottle to fit inside
- Floral tape
- Clear, filtered water
- Pour filtered water into the larger container until it reaches the 2 inch mark. If your water is not perfectly clear, it will not render best results. To obtain best results, you can boil some water, allow it to cool and then boil it again. Allow to cool before using.
- Freeze the water. It will become the base of the design.
- Place the smaller container in the middle of the larger one and weigh it down using something heavy like stones.
- Use a selection of flowers (Roses are best for Valentine’s Day) and foliage to make some floral garlands. Use floral tape to secure the ends in place.
- Fill with filtered water and freeze for 24 hours.
- Check on your ice bucket every few hours to make sure that none of the flowers have floated to the top. If they have, simply press them down.
- Once frozen completely you can remove the small container in the middle and loosen the large container by pouring a small amount of hot water over them. Be sure not to concentrate the water flow on a single spot or it will make a hole.
- Once loose, you can then place the ice bucket in the freezer until it’s ready to use.
- When you are ready, remove the ice bucket from the freezer and place on a suitable tray to catch any melting ice.
- Decorate the tray with some luxurious red rose petals and place a chilled bottle of bubbly in the middle.